Frequently Asked Questions
Pricing and Business Model
Program Management and Support
How is TouchTunesTV powered by UPshow different from Attract TV?
Are there Portals for Operators and Locations to manage TouchTunes TV Powered by UPshow?
- This site is used by Operators to register with UPshow as a reseller and to order hardware for locations. It also provides them with a summary of their locations and uptime stats per location.
- This site is used by Locations to manage onscreen content, ban users, delete posts and create/manage/schedule Spotlights.
- Operators have access to manage individual locations or all of their screens globally in the control panel.
- If operators are walking a customer through the process of banning a user or setting up a Spotlight, they would do it from the Control Panel.
How are postings to a TouchTunesTV moderated? What is UPshield?
- Operators and bar managers and staff can use the TouchTunesTV control panel to delete unwanted posts or ban users from posting forever. Users can also be unbanned any time at the Operator’s and bar manager’s discretion.
- Posts are only accepted from Twitter and Instagram accounts that have more than 11 followers. These measures prevent people from creating new/fake social media accounts to make inappropriate social posts.
- Operators and venues can opt for an additional automated moderation (a service called UPshield) for locations that are more sensitive to inappropriate social posts (i.e. family friendly venues). For example, while standard automation is designed to prevent flooding and spamming from new accounts, the $25/month UPshield service includes human moderation for things like offensive memes or nudity. The moderation delay before posts reach the television screen with this service is negligible (approximately an additional 15-30 seconds).
Does TouchTunesTV support Venue messaging?
Which jukebox generations are TouchTunesTV powered by UPshow compatible with?
Should Attract TV venues use the same hashtag for TouchTunesTV?
What is the new double hashtag system used with TouchTunesTV?
What are the criteria for the venue to have the TouchTunesTV powered by UPshow service?
- The venue had multiple TVs
- The venue has a TouchTunes jukebox (Only OS2 and Gen 3+ are supported)
- The venue has average or higher than average TouchTunes Mobile App revenue as a percent of total revenue
- The venue regularly has events that customers will want to post about such as Karaoke, theme nights, live music, etc.
What is the monthly bandwidth consumption of TouchTunesTV?
Will locations be able to use the Amazon device for anything other than TouchTunesTV?
Do the Fire Stick and Fire TV support WiFi? How are they powered?
Both devices support WiFi, and both should be plugged into an outlet for power.
The FireTV stick can be powered by a USB port on a TV if the TV is newer and the USB port gives proper power to the device. If a device constantly restarts or never boots up properly that is a sign that the USB port (if being used) is not providing sufficient power to the device.
Although the Fire Stick can be powered through the USB port, not all TVs are capable of transferring adequate power to the Fire Stick.
The Fire TV, a small media player box, also supports wired Ethernet connections; the Fire Stick does not.
Pricing and Business Model
What is the pricing structure of TouchTunes TV powered by UPshow?
- Social Posting (Twitter Photo/Video, Instagram Photo/Video)
- Filters to prevent posts from new or lightly followed accounts
- Proactive content moderation by venue
- Dynamic digital signage (designed ads, videos, quick messaging)
- Direct Jukebox Integration
- Marketing & Management Portal
- Knowledge Base and Support
Operators can add the UPshield content moderation service for an additional $25/month.
The hardware is rented to the venue. The first hardware device for a given location is included in the base price. Additional devices for a given location are $10 per month, per additional device.
Additional A/V peripherals (HDMI-to-component converters or splitters) are $50 each (one-time fee). Operators are free to use their own A/V equipment.
How does TouchTunesTV generate revenue for Operators?
How does billing work?
What happens if venue cancels or fails to pay for the month?
How do Operators cancel the TouchTunesTV service at a location?
What is the value proposition of TouchTunesTV powered by UPshow?
TouchTunesTV helps venues engage their customers, attract new customers and drive more food and beverage revenue.
- Posting pictures and video from Instagram and Twitter creates authentic word-of-mouth social marketing that promotes the venue on each customer's social network.
- Venues can use the TouchTunesTV screen to market their own specials and events, driving customers to come back more frequently, or stay longer and spend more while they are in-venue.
- With TouchTunesTV, venues naturally and automatically build a database of their customers on social media as they interact with TouchTunesTV. Venues can then use TouchTunesTV marketing tools to re-market to those customers on social media – driving them to come back and build loyalty.
- Additionally, jukebox awareness videos and spots promoting jukebox songs and artists help inspire customers to stay longer and play more music.
Can Operators keep spare Fire TVs and Fire Sticks to make quick swap outs if there is a hardware failure?
Can Operators keep their active Attract TV locations if they want to?
What should current Attract TV locations do with their Attract TV equipment?
The current Attract TV locations can be upgraded to TouchTunesTV and the Attract TV media players must be returned to TouchTunes. Current Attract TV locations are eligible to receive a 120-day billing-free service period to experience the new and improved TouchTunesTV program. This offer is valid for 6 months after the launch of TouchTunesTV (through mid-September 2017).
Operators must return all Attract TV hardware to TouchTunes when they upgrade to TouchTunes TV powered by UPshow or by June 1st if they elect not to upgrade.
There is no charge to the Operator for shipping back Attract TV hardware, and they can package the Media Players and POE injectors ion a single package for convenience.
How do Operators provide venues with the information they need to manage TouchTunesTV in their venue?
Can a TouchTunes venue sign up directly through UPshow or do they have to do so through their Operator?
Is TouchTunesTV available in all 50 states and in Canada?
How do Operators order TouchTunesTV powered by UPshow?
- Their Operator ID
- The jukebox ID at the venue (or venues)
- The monthly recurring fee they have negotiated with the venue for the service
- Whether or not the venue would like the additional social posting moderation feature (called UPshield)
Why is TouchTunesTV powered by UPshow a great upgrade at existing Attract TV locations?
In addition to the value proposition of TouchTunesTV powered by UPshow itself, existing Attract TV locations will receive a 120-day billing-free period to try the service out. This offer is valid for up to 6 months following the launch of TouchTunesTV powered by UPshow (approximately mid-September).
Also, the work the location has already invested in Attract TV is maintained after the upgrade.
- Attract TV venue messages and schedules are transferred to continue to run at locations that upgrade to TouchTunesTV
- The social posts made to the venue’s hashtag are also imported and transferred from Attract TV locations
Were there any promotions for AMOA?
- This offer is valid for up to 4 weeks following Amusement Expo (deadline of 04/17/2017).
- In order to be eligible for the 1-month service credit, a minimum service commitment of 3 months is required for each participating location.
- The 1-month service credit will be applied to the location’s UPshow account in the calendar month following activation of the service.
Can Operators buy their own Fire TV or Fire Sticks?
Can Operator get a report showing the status of each of their venues with TouchTunesTV?
What is the warranty return process for defective hardware?
Is TouchTunes TV powered by UPshow just for bars?
How long does it take for UPshow hardware to arrive at an Operator’s warehouse?
When does the billing period begin for a venue?
How much of the onscreen experience relates to TouchTunes?
Can UPshow be sold to locations without a TouchTunes jukebox?
Can an Attract TV location conduct a free trial of TouchTunesTV powered by UPshow?
Yes. There is no charge to the Operator for 120 days if they are upgrading from Attract TV.
If the Operator requests a large number of Amazon Fire or Amazon TV devices for all their locations up front for the purposes of a free trial, UPshow reserves the right to request a deposit for the hardware.
Program Management and Support
Is there an offline indicator when a device goes off the internet?
How do Locations set up a message/spotlight?
- Login to http://control.touchtunes.tv
- Click on CREATE SPOTLIGHT
- Upload, Title, Preview & Schedule the spotlight
Who supports and services the venues?
- Monitoring each venue's hardware and software remotely and diagnosing potential problems
- Restarting and/updating hardware remotely as needed
- Escalating issues to the UPshow support team if needed