Finance and Accounting Manager
UPshow is the leading Social TV platform for businesses. UPshow’s network has thousands of in-venue screens inside of health clubs, restaurants, sports bars, waiting rooms, and leading family attractions across the country.
By bringing modern media & engagement to in-venue TVs, UPshow empowers brands and venues to engage guests in a way that cable TV and standard digital signage cannot. Learn more by visiting www.upshow.tv.
About the Role:
UPshow is a rapidly-growing, Chicago-based technology startup seeking a dynamic Finance & Accounting Manager to join our operations team. The Finance & Accounting Manager is responsible for laying the groundwork for our finance and accounting operations, including all things related to billings, revenue, and reporting.
The ideal candidate has relevant experience running all key aspects of accounting operations, is a CPA, and is comfortable having a high-level of visibility with senior management. You will love this position if you want to own a function and make a true impact on a business, you enjoy strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting, and you are eager to advance into a key position within our growing company.
● Improve accountability, efficiency, and transparency across the business to drive solid business decisions
● Identify, develop and implement improvements to billing, financial, reporting, and internal audit systems and processes
● Prepare monthly cash reconciliations and AP/AR reports
● Analyze & report monthly financial and operational trends to senior management
● Partner with senior management to create quarterly and annual budgets for sales, product, marketing, and account management
● Oversee invoicing process and manage changes in service levels related to upsells, renewals, price reductions & cancellations
● Determine and execute payments to third party resellers
● Assist in the development and management of enterprise sales contracts
● Manage financing and EOY accounting items for the business
● Review company tax documents prepared by third party accountants
● Prepare financial models for investor presentations
● Maintain effective communication with Sales and Customer Success teams
● Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent
● Prior experience running all key aspects of accounting operations
● Public accounting experience preferred
● Must have a strong work ethic to fit in with our scrappy startup culture
● Self-starter with a strong ability to multi-task, own complex projects, and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a highly analytical mindset
● Knowledge of SaaS/software business models & accounting standards (plus)
● Past experience working in a startup or growth-stage company (plus)
● Experience with Quickbooks (plus)
What UPshow - Top 10 :
1. We are on a rapid growth trajectory
2. We want you to grow with the company
3. We offer opportunities to earn equity
4. We are a well-funded technology startup
5. We have a strong leadership team
6. We have an awesome product
7. We have an international footprint of customers
8. We embody the scrappy startup culture that we’ve built & cultivated
9. We never have a dull day because our plates are always full
10. We are located in the heart of downtown Chicago at Franklin and Randolph
How to apply:
Send your resume to email@example.com. The company and team we are building is important to us, so please include a note explaining what you’ve been doing and why you would make a great addition to our team.