● Entertainment: UPshow’s offerings are robust – over 500 entertainment channels, curated packs for verticals like hospitality, healthcare, fitness and auto, custom trivia and even live streaming. Raydiant's entertainment is limited to videos sourced from sites like YouTube and AirVuz.
● Design: While Raydiant provides an in-platform editor for displays and the ability to upload your own designs, it’s not as convenient as UPshow's offering. UPshow has an in-platform integration with Canva and customers can choose from hundreds of pre-built templates.
● Ads: With UPshow, you never have to show third-party ads on your TVs. Raydiant upcharges customers that do not want third-party ads on their TVs.
● Promotions & Campaigns: Unlike Raydiant, UPshow doesn’t just provide customers with the ability to develop their own QR codes. We take things a step further with our QR code campaign creator, allowing customers to identify the types of campaigns businesses similar to theirs have run.
● Measurement: UPshow has built-in analytics so customers can access detailed information about the impact and dollar value of everything on their screens. Raydiant does not offer its customers any analytics or insights.
Research indicates that digital signage can boost sales volume by as much as 31.8%. But if you want to get as much out of your digital signage solution as possible, you will need the right partner.
You want a partner who can deliver not just engaging entertainment but help you derive value and encourage meaningful action from your customers, patients and employees.
If you’re ready for an upgrade, UPshow could be what you need. We’ll tell you why in the sections below.
Here’s what you’ll learn
- Why digital signage is worth investing in
- A feature-by-feature comparison of Raydiant and UPshow
- How you can use UPshow to achieve your business goals
The value of digital signage
Just because you’re not happy with Raydiant doesn’t mean you need to abandon using digital signage altogether. As many as 94% of retailers use digital signage because it offers them a range of benefits, including:
- Reduce the impact of waiting times. Waiting times are one of the top reasons patients avoid visits to the doctor. They also have a negative effect on restaurant-goers and customers of many other types of businesses. Digital signage can help you reduce your actual wait times and reduce the impact those wait times have on your customers.
- Engage your audiences more effectively. 80% of customers say that the experience that a company provides them is just as important as its products or services. Digital signage helps you provide a better on-premise experience for your audience by engaging them in unique ways.
- Promote your products, services and specials. Digital signage is also an extremely effective way to share information with customers for additional transaction opportunities. You can leverage this technology to highlight new products, explain the benefits of services and inform customers about limited-time offers.
Raydiant vs. UPshow: How do the features compare?
We’ve covered why digital signage is worth using, even if you’re particularly unhappy with Raydiant. Now let’s look at why UPshow is likely your ideal platform.
Capture attention with the rights types of entertainment
The effectiveness of your digital signage strategy comes down to how well you’re able to capture your audience’s attention and keep their eyes on your screens.
One of the best ways to optimize for that is to select the right types of entertainment for your on-premise TVs.
UPshow offers more than 500 channels, appealing to people of all ages – from kids to teens to adults:
- Viral videos
- Nature shows
- Comedy channels
- Hyperlocal sports
- Local or national news
- Content packs customized to industries like hospitality, healthcare, fitness and auto
- Live streaming for UFC and esports
With our platform, you can easily customize the channels you show based on your audience's interests. You can even set up a schedule to change your content based on the time of day.
Raydiant offers its customers entertainment options as well, though on a limited scale, with videos sourced from sites like YouTube and AirVuz. Plus, there are no live streaming capabilities for popular entertainment like UFC fights and esports.
Easily create actionable displays and campaigns
Entertainment isn’t all that should run on your screens. Your screens should also drive customer or patient engagement via your promotions and, ultimately, more revenue.
To make that happen, you need access to a suite of robust, easy-to-use campaign management tools — which is precisely why UPshow provides an integration with Canva.
Our in-platform integration with Canva helps you create eye-catching promotions that drive customer action. Choose from our library of pre-designed templates, create your own content within Canva or upload your own design without ever leaving UPshow’s platform.
While Raydiant provides an in-platform editor for displays and the ability to upload your own designs, it’s simply not as seamless nor as convenient as what UPshow offers its customers. Plus, UPshow’s pre-built templates in Canva are a time saver, allowing you to focus on more critical tasks in your business.
Run strategic marketing campaigns
You can run marketing campaigns via your on-premise TVs with UPshow Connect. Connect allows you to develop effective campaigns for customer engagement via QR code scans on mobile devices.
Unlike Raydiant, UPshow doesn’t just provide customers with the ability to develop their own QR codes. Instead, we take things a step further with our QR code campaign creator, allowing you to identify the types of campaigns similar businesses have run.
Further, our team guides you through the campaign creation process to ensure you’re getting the most out of our technology and are set up to successfully achieve your business goals.
Build more interactivity into your content
UPshow’s digital signage software also makes it easy to increase the interactivity of the content on your TVs. Raydiant, on the other hand, does not.
UPshow’s interactive content, such as trivia and sports betting, is a great way to engage your customers or patients better. For example, in a healthcare clinic, trivia can be a great way to educate patients while they wait to be seen by their provider and can also help with reducing perceived wait times. For restaurants and bars, offering sports betting for popular events and games each week can draw in large crowds and increase the amount of time those customers spend in your business; and check sizes could increase, too.
Another excellent option for interactivity is UPshow’s social media integration for both Twitter and Instagram. Raydiant also offers a social media integration, but it’s limited to Instagram.
Encouraging customers or patients to post on social media about their experiences can yield many benefits. First, those customers are excited when they see themselves on big screens and feel special that they are part of your business. Second, you benefit from free online advertising thanks to your customers’ posts. Finally, social media is a powerful way to generate more business because it expands your reach and awareness among different audiences.
Optimize your campaign performance with better data and analytics
If you want to get the most out of your digital signage marketing strategy, you need to measure how effective each component is. But many digital signage brands, like Raydiant, neglect this crucial aspect.
UPshow knows the importance of data. That’s why we have built-in analytics in our software. When you use UPshow, you’ll be able to access detailed information about the impact and dollar value of everything you show on your screens.
That makes it much easier to see what’s working well for your company and what you need to change to unlock the full potential of digital signage for your brand.
Customer experience starts with employee engagement
UPshow is the first on-premise marketing platform that doesn’t just engage your customers. We make it possible for you to engage one of your most important audiences: your employees.
UPshow SHIFT integrates with several point-of-sale systems, allowing you to display the KPIs that matter most to your business and keep your employees motivated. Plus, you can use UPshow SHIFT to recognize your best performers, call out birthdays and job anniversaries and lower the lead time on training.
If you want a holistic customer experience and employee engagement platform, there’s only one reasonable choice: UPshow.
How to get started with UPshow
Maybe you’re interested in giving UPshow a shot but worried about a complicated setup process. Don’t worry – you’ll see from the step-by-step instructions below that getting started with UPshow is a breeze.
Step 1: Know your goals
First, it’s good to begin by reviewing what you hope to accomplish with your digital signage.
Do you want to improve the effectiveness of your on-premise customer advertising? Are you looking to add some interactivity to your business? Maybe you’re hoping to connect your offline advertising with your digital marketing efforts.
UPshow can help you achieve many different goals at the same time. But reviewing the specific ones that you’d like to accomplish will give you a good sense of direction to follow while developing your strategy.
Step 2: Make sure you have the right screens
Once you know your goals, you’ll want to ensure that you have the right screens to accomplish them.
For example, if you want to entertain your audience with video content, installing large screens that people can see from all angles in areas with high traffic would be important.
Step 3: Connect your screens to UPshow
Once you’ve decided on the screens you’ll use and have installed them, it’s time to connect UPshow. Doing this is simple. You’ll just need to use our dedicated media players.
We’ll send you everything you need to do this when you sign up. Plus, the connection process is very straightforward.
Step 4: Begin engaging your audience
At this point, you’re ready to start engaging your on-premise audience with your custom promotional displays and relevant entertainment.
You can use UPshow to create your own digital signage displays from scratch or choose from one of the many included digital signage templates that you’ll get access to when you use our service.
Once you have a few screens, you can create a rotation schedule that fits your goals, track your performance with our built-in data analytics features and make changes as needed.
Experience the UPshow difference today
We could write thousands of words about what makes UPshow the ideal digital signage platform for businesses. But the easiest way to learn about everything that we can do is to see it in action.